"Masterpiece" is prescribing a new drama set in a London hospital in the early 1960s.
“Masterpiece” is prescribing a new drama set in a London hospital in the early 1960s.
The series, “Breathless,” will put medical practice at the brink of the tumultuous `60s. Set in a busy gynecology unit, it inhabits a world where abortion is illegal and the new contraceptive pill is only available to married women.
Premiering on “Masterpiece” in 2014, “Breathless” was announced Thursday by its co-producers, PBS/WGBH and ITV Studios.
The series will star Jack Davenport, most recently seen on the NBC series “Smash.” Other cast members include Zoe Boyle and Iain Glen from “Downton Abbey.”
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem
- Evergreen High School football player critically injured during game
Most Read Stories
“Masterpiece” executive producer Rebecca Eaton called “Breathless” a “sharp, visually rich” portrait of characters “on the cusp of change.”
“Breathless” is co-created and written by Paul Unwin (“Shameless,” “Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple” and “Poirot”).