The next installment in Humanities Washington's Think & Drink series is "State of the Unions: A Conversation on the Institution of Marriage" on July 17, at Naked City Brewery & Taphouse in Seattle.
Think & Drink
The next installment (round?) in Humanities Washington’s Think & Drink series concerns the state of marriage, through history and in modern times.
Leading “State of the Unions: A Conversation on the Institution of Marriage” will be author, social historian and Evergreen State College faculty member Stephanie Coontz; LGBT community leader and Washington United for Marriage adviser Anne Levinson; and moderator Steve Scher of KUOW FM. “State of the Unions” starts at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Naked City Brewery & Taphouse, 8564 Greenwood Ave. N., Seattle; free (humanities.org). Organizers note that Think & Drink events fill up quickly; arrive early to be assured a spot.
Seattle Times staff
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that shut highway is nearly 30 percent done