Millions of people have watched Maggie Smith on "Downton Abbey." But she's not one of them.
Millions of people have watched Maggie Smith on “Downton Abbey.” But she’s not one of them.
The 78-year-old actress, who portrays Lady Grantham in the popular PBS series, told “60 Minutes” that she hasn’t watched the drama because doing so would only make her agonize over her performance. She said she may watch it someday.
Smith told Steve Kroft, in an interview to be televised Sunday, that what she takes from the role is “the delight of acting.”
She has two Oscars, three Emmys and a Tony Award, but said the “Downton Abbey” role has given her more public recognition than anything in her career.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Your vote counts so little in Tuesday’s primary election, John Oliver joked about it on ‘Last Week Tonight’
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites