Millions of people have watched Maggie Smith on "Downton Abbey." But she's not one of them.
Millions of people have watched Maggie Smith on “Downton Abbey.” But she’s not one of them.
The 78-year-old actress, who portrays Lady Grantham in the popular PBS series, told “60 Minutes” that she hasn’t watched the drama because doing so would only make her agonize over her performance. She said she may watch it someday.
Smith told Steve Kroft, in an interview to be televised Sunday, that what she takes from the role is “the delight of acting.”
She has two Oscars, three Emmys and a Tony Award, but said the “Downton Abbey” role has given her more public recognition than anything in her career.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin help UW Huskies rout WSU Cougars in Apple Cup
- With Luke Falk out, Peyton Bender will start at quarterback for WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012