Millions of people have watched Maggie Smith on "Downton Abbey." But she's not one of them.
Millions of people have watched Maggie Smith on “Downton Abbey.” But she’s not one of them.
The 78-year-old actress, who portrays Lady Grantham in the popular PBS series, told “60 Minutes” that she hasn’t watched the drama because doing so would only make her agonize over her performance. She said she may watch it someday.
Smith told Steve Kroft, in an interview to be televised Sunday, that what she takes from the role is “the delight of acting.”
She has two Oscars, three Emmys and a Tony Award, but said the “Downton Abbey” role has given her more public recognition than anything in her career.
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Kentucky clerks to license marriages as their boss is jailed
- Macy’s proposing changes to downtown Seattle store