People magazine has named Lupita Nyong'o as the "World's Most Beautiful" for 2014.
People magazine has named Lupita Nyong’o as the “World’s Most Beautiful” for 2014.
The 31-year-old actress, who won a best supporting actress Oscar for her role in “12 Years a Slave,” tops the magazine’s list, announced Wednesday.
Commenting on being selected for this year’s cover, Nyong’o says: “It was exciting and just a major, major compliment. I was happy for all the girls who would see me on it and feel a little more seen.”
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- For UW Huskies, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories