People magazine has named Lupita Nyong'o as the "World's Most Beautiful" for 2014.
People magazine has named Lupita Nyong’o as the “World’s Most Beautiful” for 2014.
The 31-year-old actress, who won a best supporting actress Oscar for her role in “12 Years a Slave,” tops the magazine’s list, announced Wednesday.
Commenting on being selected for this year’s cover, Nyong’o says: “It was exciting and just a major, major compliment. I was happy for all the girls who would see me on it and feel a little more seen.”
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
Most Read Stories