People magazine has named Lupita Nyong'o as the "World's Most Beautiful" for 2014.
People magazine has named Lupita Nyong’o as the “World’s Most Beautiful” for 2014.
The 31-year-old actress, who won a best supporting actress Oscar for her role in “12 Years a Slave,” tops the magazine’s list, announced Wednesday.
Commenting on being selected for this year’s cover, Nyong’o says: “It was exciting and just a major, major compliment. I was happy for all the girls who would see me on it and feel a little more seen.”
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery, could be back December
Most Read Stories