People magazine has named Lupita Nyong'o as the "World's Most Beautiful" for 2014.
People magazine has named Lupita Nyong’o as the “World’s Most Beautiful” for 2014.
The 31-year-old actress, who won a best supporting actress Oscar for her role in “12 Years a Slave,” tops the magazine’s list, announced Wednesday.
Commenting on being selected for this year’s cover, Nyong’o says: “It was exciting and just a major, major compliment. I was happy for all the girls who would see me on it and feel a little more seen.”
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
Most Read Stories