People magazine has named Lupita Nyong'o as the "World's Most Beautiful" for 2014.
People magazine has named Lupita Nyong’o as the “World’s Most Beautiful” for 2014.
The 31-year-old actress, who won a best supporting actress Oscar for her role in “12 Years a Slave,” tops the magazine’s list, announced Wednesday.
Commenting on being selected for this year’s cover, Nyong’o says: “It was exciting and just a major, major compliment. I was happy for all the girls who would see me on it and feel a little more seen.”
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Offense needs big kick as Seahawks snag 16-15 victory
Most Read Stories