Tuesday brings a run of zombies (“World War Z”) and troublemaking teens (“The Bling Ring,” “Disconnect”) to DVD. Star ratings are by Seattle Times movie reviewers, freelancers or wire services. For full reviews, search the movie title at . Release dates are subject to change.
“World War Z” (PG-13): Dead center in a zombie apocalypse is Brad Pitt, as a former U.N. worker and family man trying to save civilization from chomping, swarming speed demons.
“The East” (PG-13): A corporate spy (played by Brit Marling) infiltrates a gang of ecoterrorists and finds herself entangled in a dicey moral dilemma.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that shut highway is nearly 30 percent done
Most Read Stories
“Disconnect” (R): A tale of the Internet’s dark side starring Jason Bateman and Max Thieriot.
“Bless Me, Ultima” (PG-13): A precocious 7-year-old (Luke Ganalon) and an aging medicine woman (Miriam Colon) form a unique bond in 1944 New Mexico.
“The Bling Ring” (R): Sofia Coppola’s satire of a group of L.A. teenagers who robbed celebrity homes for kicks. Emma Watson stars.
“Greetings from Tim Buckley” (not rated; check): The musical legacies of the late1960s folk icon and his son, Jeff, are examined.
TV on DVD
“Bates Motel: Season One”
“Behind the Candelabra”
“Nashville: The Complete First Season”
“The Mentalist: The Complete Fifth Season”
“CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Thirteenth Season”
Compiled by Lori Taki Uno: firstname.lastname@example.org