Are you a marshmallow? “Veronica Mars” is being released Tuesday, May 6, as well as the tear-jerker “Still Mine.” Star ratings are by Seattle Times movie reviewers, freelancers or wire services. For full reviews, search the title at seattletimes.com. Release dates are subject to change.
“Still Mine” (PG-13): Michael McGowan’s drama follows an elderly farmer (played by James Cromwell) and his ailing wife (Geneviève Bujold) as they try to build their final home. “Bring a handkerchief, or possibly a bedsheet, to ‘Still Mine’; this fact-based, beautifully acted drama could wring tears from a brick,” writes Seattle Times movie critic Moira Macdonald.
“Veronica Mars” (PG-13): The big-screen adaptation of the TV show brings back Kristen Bell as the heroine, to solve a mystery involving her former high-school flame (Jason Dohring), the prime suspect in a murder.
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Marshawn Lynch leaves behind a legacy like no other with Seahawks
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
- Marshawn Lynch’s retirement announcement wasn’t classy, but it was perfect
Most Read Stories
TV and other releases
“Agatha Christie’s Poirot, Series 12”
“China Beach: Season 3”
“Laverne & Shirley: The Final Season”
Compiled by Lori Taki Uno: email@example.com