Are you a marshmallow? “Veronica Mars” is being released Tuesday, May 6, as well as the tear-jerker “Still Mine.” Star ratings are by Seattle Times movie reviewers, freelancers or wire services. For full reviews, search the title at seattletimes.com. Release dates are subject to change.
“Still Mine” (PG-13): Michael McGowan’s drama follows an elderly farmer (played by James Cromwell) and his ailing wife (Geneviève Bujold) as they try to build their final home. “Bring a handkerchief, or possibly a bedsheet, to ‘Still Mine’; this fact-based, beautifully acted drama could wring tears from a brick,” writes Seattle Times movie critic Moira Macdonald.
“Veronica Mars” (PG-13): The big-screen adaptation of the TV show brings back Kristen Bell as the heroine, to solve a mystery involving her former high-school flame (Jason Dohring), the prime suspect in a murder.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
TV and other releases
“Agatha Christie’s Poirot, Series 12”
“China Beach: Season 3”
“Laverne & Shirley: The Final Season”
Compiled by Lori Taki Uno: email@example.com