Are you a marshmallow? “Veronica Mars” is being released Tuesday, May 6, as well as the tear-jerker “Still Mine.” Star ratings are by Seattle Times movie reviewers, freelancers or wire services. For full reviews, search the title at seattletimes.com. Release dates are subject to change.
“Still Mine” (PG-13): Michael McGowan’s drama follows an elderly farmer (played by James Cromwell) and his ailing wife (Geneviève Bujold) as they try to build their final home. “Bring a handkerchief, or possibly a bedsheet, to ‘Still Mine’; this fact-based, beautifully acted drama could wring tears from a brick,” writes Seattle Times movie critic Moira Macdonald.
“Veronica Mars” (PG-13): The big-screen adaptation of the TV show brings back Kristen Bell as the heroine, to solve a mystery involving her former high-school flame (Jason Dohring), the prime suspect in a murder.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite
Most Read Stories
TV and other releases
“Agatha Christie’s Poirot, Series 12”
“China Beach: Season 3”
“Laverne & Shirley: The Final Season”
Compiled by Lori Taki Uno: email@example.com