Tuesday gets a little “Touchy Feely,” thanks to Seattle filmmaker Lynn Shelton. Star ratings are by Seattle Times movie reviewers, freelancers or wire services. For full reviews, search the movie title at seattletimes.com. Release dates are subject to change.
“Touchy Feely” (R): Rosemarie DeWitt stars as a burnt-out massage therapist and Josh Pais as her repressed dentist brother in the latest comedy-drama from Shelton (“Humpday,” “Your Sister’s Sister”).
“Despicable Me 2” (PG): The sequel, featuring lots of minion mischief, brings back Gru (voiced by Steve Carell), who is recruited into a secret anti-villain organization.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Sport fishermen protesting in La Conner on Wednesday as tribal gill-net salmon fishery gets underway
Most Read Stories
“Fast & Furious 6” (PG-13): The franchise continues with another pedal-to-the-metal installment starring Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson,
Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Sung Kang, Gina Carano and Paul Walker, who recently died in a car crash. Universal Pictures announced it will donate a portion of the DVD proceeds to Walker’s charity Reach Out WorldWide, which aids victims of natural disasters.
“The Hunt” (R): A child’s lie shatters the life of a kindergarten teacher (played by Mads Mikkelson). In Danish, with English subtitles.
“Adore” (R): Two lifelong friends (Naomi Watts, Robin Wright) get involved with each other’s sons (Xavier Samuel, James Frecheville).
“Battle of the Year” (PG-13): A U.S. b-boy “dream team” tries to take on the rest of the world in an annual dance battle. The cast includes Josh Peck and Chris Brown.
“Man of Tai Chi” (R): Keanu Reeves’ directorial debut is a succession of martial-arts fights embedded in a plot about a high-minded tai-chi master (Tiger Chen) who’s tempted to fight for cash by a mysterious man in black (Reeves).
Compiled by Lori Taki Uno: