King Arthur and those Knights of the Round Table are the bearers of myth, mirth and mayhem in “Spamalot,” the hit musical comedy “lovingly ripped off” by Eric Idle, and others, from the uproarious Monty Python film.
A touring version of the Spamalot guys’ zany search for that darn elusive Holy Grail (during which they encounter witch trials, the Black Plague and a lethal rabbit) played Seattle in 2007. The 5th Avenue Theatre’s new production sports an all-star Seattle cast which includes Louis Hobson, Matt Owen and Allen Fitzpatrick (pictured).
Previews Thursday-Feb. 5, runs Feb. 6-March 2, at 5th Avenue Theatre, Seattle (206-625-1900 or www.5thavenue.org).
Misha Berson, Seattle Times theater critic
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- The Californians keep coming, but King County gives back