King Arthur and those Knights of the Round Table are the bearers of myth, mirth and mayhem in “Spamalot,” the hit musical comedy “lovingly ripped off” by Eric Idle, and others, from the uproarious Monty Python film.
A touring version of the Spamalot guys’ zany search for that darn elusive Holy Grail (during which they encounter witch trials, the Black Plague and a lethal rabbit) played Seattle in 2007. The 5th Avenue Theatre’s new production sports an all-star Seattle cast which includes Louis Hobson, Matt Owen and Allen Fitzpatrick (pictured).
Previews Thursday-Feb. 5, runs Feb. 6-March 2, at 5th Avenue Theatre, Seattle (206-625-1900 or www.5thavenue.org).
Misha Berson, Seattle Times theater critic
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- 2 young boys suffer 'significant' injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- Defenses will have tough choices to make vs. Seahawks, tight end Jimmy Graham
- Car strikes 3 at Sasquatch festival; 1 serious injury
- FBI, police investigating Seattle officer in violent 2010 incident