King Arthur and those Knights of the Round Table are the bearers of myth, mirth and mayhem in “Spamalot,” the hit musical comedy “lovingly ripped off” by Eric Idle, and others, from the uproarious Monty Python film.
A touring version of the Spamalot guys’ zany search for that darn elusive Holy Grail (during which they encounter witch trials, the Black Plague and a lethal rabbit) played Seattle in 2007. The 5th Avenue Theatre’s new production sports an all-star Seattle cast which includes Louis Hobson, Matt Owen and Allen Fitzpatrick (pictured).
Previews Thursday-Feb. 5, runs Feb. 6-March 2, at 5th Avenue Theatre, Seattle (206-625-1900 or www.5thavenue.org).
Misha Berson, Seattle Times theater critic
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Seahawks’ Coleman going 60, didn’t brake before crash, police say