King Arthur and those Knights of the Round Table are the bearers of myth, mirth and mayhem in “Spamalot,” the hit musical comedy “lovingly ripped off” by Eric Idle, and others, from the uproarious Monty Python film.
A touring version of the Spamalot guys’ zany search for that darn elusive Holy Grail (during which they encounter witch trials, the Black Plague and a lethal rabbit) played Seattle in 2007. The 5th Avenue Theatre’s new production sports an all-star Seattle cast which includes Louis Hobson, Matt Owen and Allen Fitzpatrick (pictured).
Previews Thursday-Feb. 5, runs Feb. 6-March 2, at 5th Avenue Theatre, Seattle (206-625-1900 or www.5thavenue.org).
Misha Berson, Seattle Times theater critic
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday