King Arthur and those Knights of the Round Table are the bearers of myth, mirth and mayhem in “Spamalot,” the hit musical comedy “lovingly ripped off” by Eric Idle, and others, from the uproarious Monty Python film.
A touring version of the Spamalot guys’ zany search for that darn elusive Holy Grail (during which they encounter witch trials, the Black Plague and a lethal rabbit) played Seattle in 2007. The 5th Avenue Theatre’s new production sports an all-star Seattle cast which includes Louis Hobson, Matt Owen and Allen Fitzpatrick (pictured).
Previews Thursday-Feb. 5, runs Feb. 6-March 2, at 5th Avenue Theatre, Seattle (206-625-1900 or www.5thavenue.org).
Misha Berson, Seattle Times theater critic
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- For UW Huskies, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012