Tuesday’s releases range from documentaries to bad comedy. Star ratings are by Seattle Times movie reviewers, freelancers or wire services. For full reviews, search the movie title at . Release dates are subject to change.
“Scary Movie 5” (R): This sketch comedy takes broad swipes at horror films, reality TV, sci-fi films and the real-life personae of Lindsay Lohan, Charlie Sheen and Snoop Dogg, and produces barely a single laugh.
“Amour” (PG-13) Michael Haneke’s film renders a story of abiding love, diminution and heartbreak with scathing honesty.
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
“No Place on Earth” (PG-13) This documentary chronicles the remarkable story of 38 Ukrainian Jews who lived in an underground cave for 18 months during World War II.
TV on DVD
“NCIS: The Complete Tenth Season”
“The Good Wife: The Fourth Season”
“Revenge: The Complete Second Season”
Marilyn Bailey: firstname.lastname@example.org