One big gun, “G.I. Joe: Retaliation,” comes out on DVD Tuesday. Star ratings are by Seattle Times movie reviewers, freelancers or wire services. For full reviews, search the movie title at seattletimes.com. Release dates are subject to change.
“G.I. Joe: Retaliation” (PG-13): The sequel to 2009’s “The Rise of Cobra” brings back the G.I. Joe band of fighters — and Channing Tatum, for a while, along with new addition Bruce Willis. Then the focus shifts to Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, as he leads several Joes in the “Retaliation” part of the equation after an act of betrayal orchestrated by the bad-guy Cobra organization. “Overflowing with helicopter gunship assaults, armored vehicle assaults and a seeming infinitude of assault weapons, ‘Retaliation’ seeks to equal, if not surpass, the high-caliber excesses of ‘The Rise of Cobra,’ ” says movie reviewer Soren Andersen. “Mission accomplished.”
TV on DVD
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Unruly passenger diverts Boston-San Diego flight to Denver
Most Read Stories
“Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox”
“The Magic School Bus” (“Revving Up” and “In a Pickle”)
“Midsomer Murders” (Series 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5)
“Power Rangers: Seasons 4-7”
“Teen Beach Movie”
“Touched by an Angel: The Eighth Season”
Lori Taki Uno: email@example.com