The Bushwick Book Club Seattle
For musical renderings of “the things that you’re liable / to read in the Bible,” look no further than Town Hall Seattle on Thursday and Friday.
That’s when Seattle Jazz Composers Ensemble, members of Captain Smartypants and Sensible Shoes, Lisa Koch, Bucket of Honey, Wes Weddell, Vince Martinez, Wayne Horvitz and numerous other performers join forces in “The Bushwick Book Club Seattle Presents: Original Music Inspired by The Bible.”
Bushwick ringleader Geoff Larson is promising 10 tuneful perspectives on 10 Old Testament stories. Let the “begats” begin! 8 p.m. Thursday-Friday, Town Hall Seattle; 1119 Eighth Ave., Seattle; $15 online, $20 at the door (www.thebushwickbookclubseattle.com).
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
Michael Upchurch, Seattle Times arts writer