The Bushwick Book Club Seattle
For musical renderings of “the things that you’re liable / to read in the Bible,” look no further than Town Hall Seattle on Thursday and Friday.
That’s when Seattle Jazz Composers Ensemble, members of Captain Smartypants and Sensible Shoes, Lisa Koch, Bucket of Honey, Wes Weddell, Vince Martinez, Wayne Horvitz and numerous other performers join forces in “The Bushwick Book Club Seattle Presents: Original Music Inspired by The Bible.”
Bushwick ringleader Geoff Larson is promising 10 tuneful perspectives on 10 Old Testament stories. Let the “begats” begin! 8 p.m. Thursday-Friday, Town Hall Seattle; 1119 Eighth Ave., Seattle; $15 online, $20 at the door (www.thebushwickbookclubseattle.com).
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
Michael Upchurch, Seattle Times arts writer