The Bushwick Book Club Seattle
For musical renderings of “the things that you’re liable / to read in the Bible,” look no further than Town Hall Seattle on Thursday and Friday.
That’s when Seattle Jazz Composers Ensemble, members of Captain Smartypants and Sensible Shoes, Lisa Koch, Bucket of Honey, Wes Weddell, Vince Martinez, Wayne Horvitz and numerous other performers join forces in “The Bushwick Book Club Seattle Presents: Original Music Inspired by The Bible.”
Bushwick ringleader Geoff Larson is promising 10 tuneful perspectives on 10 Old Testament stories. Let the “begats” begin! 8 p.m. Thursday-Friday, Town Hall Seattle; 1119 Eighth Ave., Seattle; $15 online, $20 at the door (www.thebushwickbookclubseattle.com).
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite
Most Read Stories
Michael Upchurch, Seattle Times arts writer