The Bushwick Book Club Seattle
For musical renderings of “the things that you’re liable / to read in the Bible,” look no further than Town Hall Seattle on Thursday and Friday.
That’s when Seattle Jazz Composers Ensemble, members of Captain Smartypants and Sensible Shoes, Lisa Koch, Bucket of Honey, Wes Weddell, Vince Martinez, Wayne Horvitz and numerous other performers join forces in “The Bushwick Book Club Seattle Presents: Original Music Inspired by The Bible.”
Bushwick ringleader Geoff Larson is promising 10 tuneful perspectives on 10 Old Testament stories. Let the “begats” begin! 8 p.m. Thursday-Friday, Town Hall Seattle; 1119 Eighth Ave., Seattle; $15 online, $20 at the door (www.thebushwickbookclubseattle.com).
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem
- Two high school football players hospitalized after serious game injuries
Most Read Stories
Michael Upchurch, Seattle Times arts writer