The Bushwick Book Club Seattle
For musical renderings of “the things that you’re liable / to read in the Bible,” look no further than Town Hall Seattle on Thursday and Friday.
That’s when Seattle Jazz Composers Ensemble, members of Captain Smartypants and Sensible Shoes, Lisa Koch, Bucket of Honey, Wes Weddell, Vince Martinez, Wayne Horvitz and numerous other performers join forces in “The Bushwick Book Club Seattle Presents: Original Music Inspired by The Bible.”
Bushwick ringleader Geoff Larson is promising 10 tuneful perspectives on 10 Old Testament stories. Let the “begats” begin! 8 p.m. Thursday-Friday, Town Hall Seattle; 1119 Eighth Ave., Seattle; $15 online, $20 at the door (www.thebushwickbookclubseattle.com).
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Opening day roster looks pretty clear after Sunday cuts
- 3 places off the beaten track in Hawaii
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
Most Read Stories
Michael Upchurch, Seattle Times arts writer