News you want to hear? “Anchorman 2” is coming out on DVD Tuesday, April 1. Star ratings are by Seattle Times reviewers, freelancers or wire services. For full reviews, search the movie title at seattletimes.com. Release dates are subject to change.
“Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues” (PG-13; an R-rated version is also available): The sequel takes lamebrain newsman Ron Burgundy (played by Will Ferrell) and his gang (Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and David Koechner) to New York, where they’ve been recruited to work the graveyard shift at a startup cable network. Writes reviewer Soren Andersen: “It’s a piñata at which Ferrell & Co. swing away wildly. They often miss their mark, but when they connect, out fall the laughs in great big bunches.”
“At Middleton” (R): Gonzaga University and Washington State University star as a college where two parents (Andy Garcia and Vera Farmiga) meet on their children’s campus tour.
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
Most Read Stories
“47 Ronin” (PG-13): This Hollywood-backed version of one of Japan’s most treasured tales follows 47 leaderless samurai who seek to avenge their master’s death and reclaim their honor. The cast includes Keanu Reeves, Min Tanaka, Kou Shibasaki and Rinko Kikuchi. No star rating provided.
TV and other releases
“The Client List: The Complete Second Season”
“George Gently, Series 6”
“The Pirate Fairy”
“Psych: The Eighth and Final Season”
Compiled by Lori Taki Uno: firstname.lastname@example.org