It’s official (wink, wink): King County Executive Dow Constantine has declared Friday, Feb. 5 as “International Clash Day,” and to honor it KEXP will be programming 12 hours of music dedicated to the UK punk legends starting at 6 a.m.
KEXP’s DJ John Richards started the idea back in 2013 when he determined that one Clash song was not enough.
“International Clash Day was created because of our love of great music, the rebellious nature of the band, the insane catalog to play from and because there really was nothing else going on that day,” Richards said.
Along with the band’s music the station will be playing rarities, side projects and will have an exclusive interview with filmmaker Julien Temple, director of the documentary “Joe Strummer: The Future is Unwritten.”
- Ken Griffey Jr.’s emotional Hall of Fame speech makes him more human
- Witnesses say WSU football players attacked two students
- Live updates from the DNC: Sanders says Clinton 'must become the next president'
- Seahawks would be crazy to let Pete Carroll, John Schneider walk
- Democratic Party leader Wasserman Schultz resigns on eve of convention
Most Read Stories