Lindsay Lohan is suing the makers of the "Grand Theft Auto" video games. The actress says the latest installment used her image and created a character based on her without her permission.
Lindsay Lohan is suing the makers of the “Grand Theft Auto” video games. The actress says the latest installment used her image and created a character based on her without her permission.
Lohan’s lawsuit was filed Wednesday in a Manhattan court. “Grand Theft Auto V” game maker Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. and subsidiary Rockstar Games declined to comment.
“Grand Theft Auto V” was released in September. Sales topped $800 million on its first day.
Lohan’s lawsuit says a character named Lacey Jonas is an “unequivocal” reference to the “Mean Girls” and “Freaky Friday” star.
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- SEC adds millions to developer’s alleged fraud in Seattle
Most Read Stories
The suit says Lohan’s image, voice and styles from her clothing line are depicted. It says the game features West Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont hotel, where Lohan once lived.
The character also seeks help skirting paparazzi.