Lindsay Lohan is suing the makers of the "Grand Theft Auto" video games. The actress says the latest installment used her image and created a character based on her without her permission.
Lindsay Lohan is suing the makers of the “Grand Theft Auto” video games. The actress says the latest installment used her image and created a character based on her without her permission.
Lohan’s lawsuit was filed Wednesday in a Manhattan court. “Grand Theft Auto V” game maker Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. and subsidiary Rockstar Games declined to comment.
“Grand Theft Auto V” was released in September. Sales topped $800 million on its first day.
Lohan’s lawsuit says a character named Lacey Jonas is an “unequivocal” reference to the “Mean Girls” and “Freaky Friday” star.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
Most Read Stories
The suit says Lohan’s image, voice and styles from her clothing line are depicted. It says the game features West Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont hotel, where Lohan once lived.
The character also seeks help skirting paparazzi.