Can you hear guitars clashing, synthesizes rattling? That’s the clamor of bands getting ready for the annual battle of the bands that EMP Museum calls Sound Off! Twenty-one semifinalists have been selected, from Seattle, Portland, Tacoma, Bellingham and other towns in the region, playing everything from electro-pop to hip-hop.
The contest has helped launch the careers of lots of up-and-coming bands, including The Lonely Forest, Dyme Def and Land of Pines.
Bands competing in round one are Dave B (Renton), Mister Mista (Seattle), The Fame Riot (Tacoma) and Shogun Barbie (Tacoma).
Round one gets under way at 8 p.m. Saturday at EMP, 325 Fifth Ave. N., Seattle; $8-$12 (206-770-2700 or www.empmuseum.org).
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents
Most Read Stories
Seattle Times staff