Can you hear guitars clashing, synthesizes rattling? That’s the clamor of bands getting ready for the annual battle of the bands that EMP Museum calls Sound Off! Twenty-one semifinalists have been selected, from Seattle, Portland, Tacoma, Bellingham and other towns in the region, playing everything from electro-pop to hip-hop.
The contest has helped launch the careers of lots of up-and-coming bands, including The Lonely Forest, Dyme Def and Land of Pines.
Bands competing in round one are Dave B (Renton), Mister Mista (Seattle), The Fame Riot (Tacoma) and Shogun Barbie (Tacoma).
Round one gets under way at 8 p.m. Saturday at EMP, 325 Fifth Ave. N., Seattle; $8-$12 (206-770-2700 or www.empmuseum.org).
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
Most Read Stories
Seattle Times staff