Lincoln Center in New York says it will offer a live stream from a weekend memorial concert for Pete Seeger and his wife Toshi (TOH'-shee).
Lincoln Center in New York says it will offer a live stream from a weekend memorial concert for Pete Seeger and his wife Toshi (TOH’-shee).
The free concert will be held Sunday at Lincoln Center’s Damrosch Park. It will feature artists and speakers who had a close personal relationship with the Seegers. They include Judy Collins, Harry Belafonte, Dar Williams, Peter Yarrow, Holly Near and Tom Chapin.
Lincoln Center notes that Seeger loved to lead singalongs. In that spirit, it’s inviting audiences to take part in a global online singalong.
A song will be selected later this week and lyrics will be available on-screen.
- WWU cancels classes as social-media hate speech is investigated
- Luke Falk likely has concussion but doing ‘real well’
- What national media are saying about Thomas Rawls, Seattle’s playoff hopes
- Seahawks’ Cary Williams makes no excuses after being benched
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
Most Read Stories
Audience members also will be able to share video of their renditions.