Lincoln Center in New York says it will offer a live stream from a weekend memorial concert for Pete Seeger and his wife Toshi (TOH'-shee).
Lincoln Center in New York says it will offer a live stream from a weekend memorial concert for Pete Seeger and his wife Toshi (TOH’-shee).
The free concert will be held Sunday at Lincoln Center’s Damrosch Park. It will feature artists and speakers who had a close personal relationship with the Seegers. They include Judy Collins, Harry Belafonte, Dar Williams, Peter Yarrow, Holly Near and Tom Chapin.
Lincoln Center notes that Seeger loved to lead singalongs. In that spirit, it’s inviting audiences to take part in a global online singalong.
A song will be selected later this week and lyrics will be available on-screen.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Sport fishermen protesting in La Conner on Wednesday as tribal gill-net salmon fishery gets underway
Most Read Stories
Audience members also will be able to share video of their renditions.