After more than four decades together, Lily Tomlin's longtime partner and collaborator is now her wife.
After more than four decades together, Lily Tomlin’s longtime partner and collaborator is now her wife.
Tomlin’s publicist Jennifer Allen told People Magazine and other media outlets Tuesday that the 74-year-old actress and comedian married 78-year-old Jane Wagner in a private New Year’s Eve ceremony in Los Angeles.
Tomlin gained fame through the 1960s sketch show “Laugh-In,” went on to star in movies like “9 to 5” and “All of Me” and more recently was a regular on the TV shows “Murphy Brown and “The West Wing.”
Wagner was writer of Tomlin’s Tony-winning one-woman show “The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe,” and wrote the screenplay for her movie “The Incredible Shrinking Woman.”
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Your vote counts so little in today’s primary election, John Oliver joked about it on ‘Last Week Tonight’
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
Most Read Stories
Chicago Tribune columnist Liz Smith, a friend of both women, first reported the marriage.