After more than four decades together, Lily Tomlin's longtime partner and collaborator is now her wife.
After more than four decades together, Lily Tomlin’s longtime partner and collaborator is now her wife.
Tomlin’s publicist Jennifer Allen told People Magazine and other media outlets Tuesday that the 74-year-old actress and comedian married 78-year-old Jane Wagner in a private New Year’s Eve ceremony in Los Angeles.
Tomlin gained fame through the 1960s sketch show “Laugh-In,” went on to star in movies like “9 to 5″ and “All of Me” and more recently was a regular on the TV shows “Murphy Brown and “The West Wing.”
Wagner was writer of Tomlin’s Tony-winning one-woman show “The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe,” and wrote the screenplay for her movie “The Incredible Shrinking Woman.”
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem
- Injured Evergreen football player dies at Harborview
Most Read Stories
Chicago Tribune columnist Liz Smith, a friend of both women, first reported the marriage.