The leading ladies of "Laverne & Shirley" are reuniting.
The leading ladies of “Laverne & Shirley” are reuniting.
Nickelodeon said Wednesday that Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams will guest star in an episode of its new sitcom “Sam & Cat.”
The actresses starred as 1950s and `60s pals and roommates Laverne DeFazio and Shirley Feeney, workers in a Milwaukee brewery. The sitcom aired from 1976 to 1983 on ABC.
“Sam & Cat” features Jennette McCurdy and Ariana Grande as friends who start a baby-sitting business.
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
- Six sickened by E. coli linked to local food truck
- Huskies’ colors for opener are purple, green
Most Read Stories
Nickelodeon says Marshall and Williams will start filming on Wednesday. They play characters involved in a decades-old feud, tweaking the long-ago rumors of a “Laverne & Shirley” rivalry.
“Sam & Cat” creator Dan Schneider says it was an honor to write for what he called TV’s” funniest female roommates” ever.