The leading ladies of "Laverne & Shirley" are reuniting.
The leading ladies of “Laverne & Shirley” are reuniting.
Nickelodeon said Wednesday that Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams will guest star in an episode of its new sitcom “Sam & Cat.”
The actresses starred as 1950s and `60s pals and roommates Laverne DeFazio and Shirley Feeney, workers in a Milwaukee brewery. The sitcom aired from 1976 to 1983 on ABC.
“Sam & Cat” features Jennette McCurdy and Ariana Grande as friends who start a baby-sitting business.
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
Most Read Stories
Nickelodeon says Marshall and Williams will start filming on Wednesday. They play characters involved in a decades-old feud, tweaking the long-ago rumors of a “Laverne & Shirley” rivalry.
“Sam & Cat” creator Dan Schneider says it was an honor to write for what he called TV’s” funniest female roommates” ever.