The leading ladies of "Laverne & Shirley" are reuniting.
The leading ladies of “Laverne & Shirley” are reuniting.
Nickelodeon said Wednesday that Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams will guest star in an episode of its new sitcom “Sam & Cat.”
The actresses starred as 1950s and `60s pals and roommates Laverne DeFazio and Shirley Feeney, workers in a Milwaukee brewery. The sitcom aired from 1976 to 1983 on ABC.
“Sam & Cat” features Jennette McCurdy and Ariana Grande as friends who start a baby-sitting business.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- True-crime author Ann Rule dies at age 83
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
Most Read Stories
Nickelodeon says Marshall and Williams will start filming on Wednesday. They play characters involved in a decades-old feud, tweaking the long-ago rumors of a “Laverne & Shirley” rivalry.
“Sam & Cat” creator Dan Schneider says it was an honor to write for what he called TV’s” funniest female roommates” ever.