The leading ladies of "Laverne & Shirley" are reuniting.
The leading ladies of “Laverne & Shirley” are reuniting.
Nickelodeon said Wednesday that Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams will guest star in an episode of its new sitcom “Sam & Cat.”
The actresses starred as 1950s and `60s pals and roommates Laverne DeFazio and Shirley Feeney, workers in a Milwaukee brewery. The sitcom aired from 1976 to 1983 on ABC.
“Sam & Cat” features Jennette McCurdy and Ariana Grande as friends who start a baby-sitting business.
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- $3.7 million in 3 months: I-405 tolls rake in more than 3 times expected income
Most Read Stories
Nickelodeon says Marshall and Williams will start filming on Wednesday. They play characters involved in a decades-old feud, tweaking the long-ago rumors of a “Laverne & Shirley” rivalry.
“Sam & Cat” creator Dan Schneider says it was an honor to write for what he called TV’s” funniest female roommates” ever.