Lady Gaga says she's "heartsick" to postpone four shows after sustaining an injury that's left her unable to walk.
Lady Gaga says she’s “heartsick” to postpone four shows after sustaining an injury that’s left her unable to walk.
A Tuesday news release says performances set for Feb. 13-14 in Chicago, Feb. 16 in Detroit and Feb. 17 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, have been postponed due to a case of synovitis, a severe joint inflammation.
Gaga took to Twitter to explain, saying she injured herself during a performance some time ago and her condition has worsened, leaving her immobile following Monday’s concert in Montreal. She’s been hiding the injury from her staff, but can no longer perform.
“I’ve been hiding a show injury and chronic pain for sometime now, over the last month it has worsened,” she wrote. “I’ve been praying it would heal”.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Polygamous Montana trio applies for marriage license
Most Read Stories
The remainder of the “Born This Way Ball” tour is expected to continue on schedule, beginning with a two-night stand in Philadelphia on Feb. 19-20. Makeup dates for the missed shows will be announced later.