NEW YORK (AP) — Kelly Clarkson has written a new song and a bedtime story for kids — her own included.
Clarkson’s first picture book, “River Rose and the Magical Lullaby,” will be released in October by HarperCollins Children’s Books.
The publisher announced Tuesday that Clarkson has written an original lullaby for her story of a little girl who visits the zoo and has such a great time she can’t fall asleep.
Inspiration for the book’s title began at home. The 33-year-old singer and former “American Idol” star has a baby daughter, River Rose, and is expecting a second child.
Most Read Stories
- ‘Big pool of blood’: Redmond man shoots cougar in research cage
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Afraid and confused, legal immigrants backing out of Seattle-area home purchases
- 5-year-old Kent girl re-creates iconic photos of notable black women for Black History Month VIEW
- Nine tax hikes in one mayoral term? Welcome to Seattle | Danny Westneat