NEW YORK (AP) — Kelly Clarkson has written a new song and a bedtime story for kids — her own included.
Clarkson’s first picture book, “River Rose and the Magical Lullaby,” will be released in October by HarperCollins Children’s Books.
The publisher announced Tuesday that Clarkson has written an original lullaby for her story of a little girl who visits the zoo and has such a great time she can’t fall asleep.
Inspiration for the book’s title began at home. The 33-year-old singer and former “American Idol” star has a baby daughter, River Rose, and is expecting a second child.
Most Read Stories
- Woman, 71, lost in Olympics with dog, built shelter, ate ants
- Starbucks closes Teavana stores, doubles down on China coffee shops as quarter misses forecasts
- Washington distracted-driving law has drivers wondering if they can still drink coffee on the road VIEW
- Chinese millionaires pick Seattle as No. 2 place in the world to live, survey shows | FYI Guy
- 3 teens killed in Lynnwood crash from Mill Creek high school