Kanye West will debut a short film titled "Cruel Summer" at the Cannes Film Festival.
Kanye West will debut a short film titled “Cruel Summer” at the Cannes Film Festival.
The rapper announced Friday that he’ll present the film on Wednesday at the French festival. West and his creative collective DONDA will screen the “short art film” out of competition in Cannes.
West’s press release promises “a fusion of short film and art installation” and an “immersive seven-screen experience.” It will remain open to the public for two days following its premiere.
West has previously directed music videos for his music, including 2010’s “Runaway.”
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Building with iconic Seattle P-I globe sold for $40M