Gotta Have It! Rock & Roll Auction includes a Jimi Hendrix guitar strap and a guitar smashed by Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain.
NEW YORK — A strap from the guitar Jimi Hendrix burned on stage at the 1967 Monterey Pop Festival is being offered by a New York City auctioneer alongside memorabilia from Michael Jackson and Kurt Cobain.
The online Gotta Have It! Rock & Roll Auction (www.gottahaverockandroll.com) runs Wednesday through July 22.
Gotta Have It! Collectibles says the seller of the Hendrix guitar strap is the audience member who caught it at the three-day rock concert in Monterey, Calif.
The auction also includes a guitar smashed by Nirvana lead singer Cobain in 1993, the year before he died. There’s a glove worn by Jackson at a 1997 concert in London. And there’s a dress worn by Katy Perry in her video for “I Kissed a Girl.”
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Tukwila group to submit expansion application to NHL
Most Read Stories
The late King of Pop’s glove is being sold by Jackson’s friend and publicist Steve Manning.