Jim Norton will join James Franco and Chris O'Dowd in the Broadway revival of "Of Mice and Men."
Jim Norton will join James Franco and Chris O’Dowd in the Broadway revival of “Of Mice and Men.”
Producers said Monday that Norton, whose recent credits include “The Mystery of Edwin Drood” and a Tony Award-winning turn in “The Seafarer,” will play aging ranch handyman Candy.
The story by John Steinbeck centers on big-dreaming George, played by Franco, and the mentally challenged Lennie, portrayed by O’Dowd. Former “Gossip Girl” star Leighton Meester will play a beautiful temptress.
The play, which starts performances March 19 at the Longacre Theatre, hasn’t been seen on Broadway in 40 years. Tony Award winner Anna D. Shapiro will direct.
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
Most Read Stories
Norton is currently performing in Conor McPherson’s “The Night Alive” at the Atlantic Theatre Company.