Jim Norton will join James Franco and Chris O'Dowd in the Broadway revival of "Of Mice and Men."
Jim Norton will join James Franco and Chris O’Dowd in the Broadway revival of “Of Mice and Men.”
Producers said Monday that Norton, whose recent credits include “The Mystery of Edwin Drood” and a Tony Award-winning turn in “The Seafarer,” will play aging ranch handyman Candy.
The story by John Steinbeck centers on big-dreaming George, played by Franco, and the mentally challenged Lennie, portrayed by O’Dowd. Former “Gossip Girl” star Leighton Meester will play a beautiful temptress.
The play, which starts performances March 19 at the Longacre Theatre, hasn’t been seen on Broadway in 40 years. Tony Award winner Anna D. Shapiro will direct.
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Low wages for aerospace workers despite tax breaks for employers
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
Most Read Stories
Norton is currently performing in Conor McPherson’s “The Night Alive” at the Atlantic Theatre Company.