ABC says Isaiah Washington will return to "Grey's Anatomy" for a guest appearance in May, seven years after he was fired from the medical drama.
ABC says Isaiah Washington will return to “Grey’s Anatomy” for a guest appearance in May, seven years after he was fired from the medical drama.
Washington exited the series in 2007 after an on-set clash the year before, in which an anti-gay epithet was directed at another cast member at the time, T.R. Knight.
Washington’s return as Dr. Preston Burke coincides with the announced departure of series star Sandra Oh at the season’s end in May. Her character, Dr. Cristina Yang, was engaged to Washington’s Burke at one point in the long-running drama.
The date of Washington’s episode was not announced.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Seahawks waive 5 players, including former starting center Drew Nowak and former Husky Josh Shirley
Most Read Stories
During the controversy involving him, Washington also used the epithet backstage at the 2007 Golden Globe awards. He publicly apologized and tried to make amends by meeting with gay-rights organizations.