The tennis superstar posted a selfie on Snapchat, then deleted it. Congratulations have started to pour in on social media.
Is Serena Williams pregnant?
It appears so.
On Wednesday morning, the tennis superstar posted a side-shot selfie of herself on Snapchat with the caption “20 weeks.”
The post was quickly deleted — yet captured before taken down.
Most Read Stories
- Billionaire Paul Allen pledges $30M toward permanent housing for Seattle’s homeless
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- Is Seattle a target for a North Korean nuclear attack? Well, not quite yet, insiders say
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch agrees to contract with Raiders, is traded to Oakland in exchange of 2018 draft picks
- Boeing’s budget ax falls on popular gym for employees
Williams, 35, withdrew from ATP World Tour Masters 1000 events at Indian Wells and Miami last month citing a knee injury; she won the Australian Open by beating sister Venus on Jan. 28.
Which would mean — based on her “20 weeks” caption — she was with child while winning the first tennis major of the season.
“Sadly, I have to withdraw from the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells and the Miami Open,” Williams, who lives in West Palm, Fla., said in a statement released March 7.
“I have not been able to train due to my knees and am disappointed I cannot be there. I will keep moving forward and continue to be positive. I look forward to being back as soon as I can.”
In December, Williams announced her engagement to Alexis Ohanian, the co-founder of Reddit, in a post on — where else?— Reddit.
Williams has won 72 career singles championships, is 23-6 in Grand Slam finals and is the two-time defending Wimbledon champ.
The 2012 Olympic Gold medalist (she has also won three Gold medals in doubles with Venus) has won the Miami Open eight times — most recently in 2015.