The final book in "The Hunger Games" trilogy is coming to the big-screen in two parts starting in 2014.
The final book in “The Hunger Games” trilogy is coming to the big-screen in two parts starting in 2014.
Lionsgate Films announced Tuesday that “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1″ will be released Nov. 21, 2014, and “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2″ will follow on Nov. 20, 2015.
The filmmakers are following the lead of two other teen-based literary franchises, “Harry Potter” and “Twilight,” whose final books were broken into two parts for film.
“Mockingjay, Part 1″ will come out a year after the Nov. 22, 2012, release of “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” the second film based on Suzanne Collins’ novels about televised death matches in a future North American society.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
Most Read Stories
Starring Jennifer Lawrence, “The Hunger Games” debuted last March and has taken in $404 million domestically and $678 million worldwide.