Hawthorne Heights, a popular emo-screamo band, canceled its tour Monday after the death of Casey Calvert, the band's guitarist. The band was scheduled...
Hawthorne Heights, a popular emo-screamo band, canceled its tour Monday after the death of Casey Calvert, the band’s guitarist. The band was scheduled to appear at the Showbox at the Market on Dec. 19.
Concert promoters Live Nation released this statement from the band on Monday:
“Today is probably the worst day ever. It’s with our deepest regrets that we have to write this. Casey Calvert passed away in his sleep last night. We found out this afternoon before sound-check. We’ve spent the entire day trying to come to grips with this and figure out as much as possible. At this time we’re not sure what exactly happened. Just last night he was joking around with everyone before he went to bed. We can say with absolute certainty that he was not doing anything illegal. Please, out of respect to Casey and his family, don’t contribute or succumb to any gossip you may hear. We don’t want his memory to be tainted in the least.
“Casey was our best friend. He was quirky and awesome and there will truly be no others like him! His loss is unexplainable. As soon as we know more we will let you know.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
“Eron, JT, Micah and Matt”
Ticket refunds will be issued at point of purchase.