Harrison Ford isn't ready - "yet" - to talk about his reported part in Disney's planned "Star Wars" sequel, but he praises its director, J.J. Abrams.
Harrison Ford isn’t ready – “yet” – to talk about his reported part in Disney’s planned “Star Wars” sequel, but he praises its director, J.J. Abrams.
“I think he’s fantastic,” Ford said in a recent interview. “I did his first movie, `Regarding Henry,’ with Mike Nichols. A wonderful talent. Extraordinary guy.”
The 70-year-old actor – who came to fame playing Han Solo in the “Star Wars” trilogy – is shrugging off questions about that character while promoting his role as Brooklyn Dodgers president Branch Rickey in the upcoming Jackie Robinson film “42.”
Asked how he feels generally that the “Star Wars” sequel and Disney spinoffs are in the works, Ford responded: “I don’t feel anything at the moment yet.”
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game
Most Read Stories
In an article published earlier this month, “Star Wars” creator George Lucas told Bloomberg Businessweek that Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher had been in negotiations to return to the franchise even before Lucasfilm was sold to Disney last fall.
Was Ford surprised by that announcement? He makes the universal zipping-my-lips sign. Asked what it will take to get him to commit to play Han Solo again, Ford said, “Um, I don’t even want to discuss that. It’s great. Ain’t it great?”
It’s been over two decades since Abrams wrote the “Regarding Henry” screenplay. Have the two chatted recently?
“About what?” Ford asked, smirking and taking a slow sip from a cup.
Follow Ryan Pearson at http://www.twitter.com/ryanwrd