If you’ve heard the hit singles “We Are Young” (which reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart), “Carry On” and “Some Nights,” you know just how fun the band Fun is (it’s also spelled fun., with a period, if you want to be completely accurate). The effervescent New York pop-rock band led by Nate Ruess is nominated for six (yes, six) Grammy Awards, including best new artist, record of the year, song of the year, album of the year, best pop duo/group performance (for “We Are Young”) and best pop vocal album (for “Some Nights”).
Helping to create some of the magic during the recording of “Some Nights” was Jeff Bhasker, who has produced records for big stars Beyoncé, Kanye West and Drake. And now the band has teamed up with designer Rachel Antonoff to form The Ally Coalition, an organization supporting LGBTQ causes and fighting discrimination; $1 per ticket will go to T.A.C. Opening is Andrew McMahon.
7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Paramount Theatre. 911 Pine St.; $28.50 (877-784-4849)
Gene Stout, Special to The Seattle Times
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Couple missing 2 weeks in California drank rain, ate oranges
- Five Seahawks players to watch during OTAs