George Michael is canceling Australian shows so he can get treatment for major anxiety he's suffered since a serious health scare last year.
George Michael is canceling Australian shows so he can get treatment for major anxiety he’s suffered since a serious health scare last year.
The singer said on his website he had hoped making music and performing would be enough to work through it but that he underestimated how hard his recovery would be.
The 49-year-old former Wham! front man was to perform in Sydney and other Australian cities in November and early December.
He still has concerts scheduled this month in the United Kingdom. They are makeup dates for shows he canceled after being hospitalized for pneumonia in Vienna in November.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
Michael spent about three weeks in the hospital and said later that his health had been “touch and go.”
He performed at the London Olympics closing ceremony in August.