LOS ANGELES (AP) — A funeral for Grammy Award-winning singer Natalie Cole will be held Monday in Los Angeles.
A spokesperson for the family said Saturday that the service will be at West Angeles Church of God in Christ, where Cole was once a member. R&B star Chaka Khan is expected to sing at the funeral.
Cole will be buried next to her parents, sister and brother at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale.
She was known for such R&B hits as “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love),” ”Inseparable,” and “Our Love.” In 1991, she intertwined her musical legacy with that of her father Nat King Cole to make his “Unforgettable” a Grammy-winning hit through technological wizardry.
- Downtown Bothell blaze deals blow to redevelopment efforts VIEW
- Seattle rents now growing faster than in any other U.S. city
- Watch: 14-year-old uses drone to chase Camano Island boat thieves, police say WATCH
- Susan Kaufman, owner of restaurants Serafina and Cicchetti, dies at 64
- John Reed, sought in slaying of Arlington couple, is captured in Mexico
Most Read Stories
She died on New Year’s Eve at age 65 of pulmonary arterial hypertension, which led to heart failure.