LOS ANGELES (AP) — A funeral for Grammy Award-winning singer Natalie Cole will be held Monday in Los Angeles.
A spokesperson for the family said Saturday that the service will be at West Angeles Church of God in Christ, where Cole was once a member. R&B star Chaka Khan is expected to sing at the funeral.
Cole will be buried next to her parents, sister and brother at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale.
She was known for such R&B hits as “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love),” ”Inseparable,” and “Our Love.” In 1991, she intertwined her musical legacy with that of her father Nat King Cole to make his “Unforgettable” a Grammy-winning hit through technological wizardry.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle skyline is tops in construction cranes — more than any other U.S. city
- 2,000 Seattle teachers wear ‘Black Lives Matter’ shirts to class VIEW
- Petition seeks recall of Wonder Woman as U.N. ambassador
- Major U.S. websites disrupted by cyberattacks
- Clinton camp preparing for possibility Trump won't concede
She died on New Year’s Eve at age 65 of pulmonary arterial hypertension, which led to heart failure.