LOS ANGELES (AP) — A funeral for Grammy Award-winning singer Natalie Cole will be held Monday in Los Angeles.
A spokesperson for the family said Saturday that the service will be at West Angeles Church of God in Christ, where Cole was once a member. R&B star Chaka Khan is expected to sing at the funeral.
Cole will be buried next to her parents, sister and brother at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale.
She was known for such R&B hits as “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love),” ”Inseparable,” and “Our Love.” In 1991, she intertwined her musical legacy with that of her father Nat King Cole to make his “Unforgettable” a Grammy-winning hit through technological wizardry.
Most Read Stories
- ‘Big pool of blood’: Redmond man shoots cougar in research cage
- Concert review: Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani duet thrills fans in Tacoma
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Remember the Mariners’ 'Big Three'? Only one remains
- Sound Transit uses inflated car values to collect higher tab fees
She died on New Year’s Eve at age 65 of pulmonary arterial hypertension, which led to heart failure.