LOS ANGELES (AP) — A funeral for Grammy Award-winning singer Natalie Cole will be held Monday in Los Angeles.
A spokesperson for the family said Saturday that the service will be at West Angeles Church of God in Christ, where Cole was once a member. R&B star Chaka Khan is expected to sing at the funeral.
Cole will be buried next to her parents, sister and brother at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale.
She was known for such R&B hits as “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love),” ”Inseparable,” and “Our Love.” In 1991, she intertwined her musical legacy with that of her father Nat King Cole to make his “Unforgettable” a Grammy-winning hit through technological wizardry.
Most Read Stories
- Live updates from Inauguration Day: 1 injured in shooting at demonstration at UW WATCH
- What you need to know about Inauguration Day protests, events in Seattle
- 50,000 expected to attend Seattle women’s march day after Trump inauguration WATCH
- Police seek description of shooter who wounded 3 at Seattle’s Crocodile club
- The Fremont Troll was outfitted with a pussyhat ahead of Saturday's Womxn's March
She died on New Year’s Eve at age 65 of pulmonary arterial hypertension, which led to heart failure.