LOS ANGELES (AP) — A funeral for Grammy Award-winning singer Natalie Cole will be held Monday in Los Angeles.
A spokesperson for the family said Saturday that the service will be at West Angeles Church of God in Christ, where Cole was once a member. R&B star Chaka Khan is expected to sing at the funeral.
Cole will be buried next to her parents, sister and brother at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale.
She was known for such R&B hits as “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love),” ”Inseparable,” and “Our Love.” In 1991, she intertwined her musical legacy with that of her father Nat King Cole to make his “Unforgettable” a Grammy-winning hit through technological wizardry.
Most Read Stories
- Route 7 is one of Metro Transit’s most challenging bus lines, and driver Nathan Vass loves it VIEW
- WSU College Republicans leader steps down after being exposed as white-nationalist protester
- Bill Gates makes largest donation of Microsoft stock since 2000 with $4.6 billion gift
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
- Seattle rental applicants' criminal histories virtually off-limits under new law
She died on New Year’s Eve at age 65 of pulmonary arterial hypertension, which led to heart failure.