Buzz Bissinger never worries that he's got nothing to wear.
Buzz Bissinger never worries that he’s got nothing to wear.
In an article for GQ magazine he confesses that he’s shelled out more than $600,000 on clothing as he battles an addiction akin to a drug or sex habit.
The 58-year-old author of “Friday Night Lights” says he has 81 leather jackets, 75 pairs of boots and 115 pairs of leather gloves.
And his bingeing isn’t limited to men’s attire, though he confides that a skirt doesn’t help him look his best.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit
Most Read Stories
He writes that his compulsion never threatened his financial well-being, and that his wife and children never lacked for anything. But his shopping sprees led to rampant sexual experimentation.
Bissinger writes that he is baring himself in print in hopes it will help him deal with his problem.