Seth Meyers says former comedy colleague Fred Armisen will lead the band when he takes over NBC's "Late Night."
Seth Meyers says former comedy colleague Fred Armisen will lead the band when he takes over NBC’s “Late Night.”
Meyers tweeted Monday that his former “Saturday Night Live” castmate will “curate and lead” the band and run it even while shooting his IFC comedy series “Portlandia.” NBC confirms the news.
Armisen is best known as a comic performer from “Portlandia” and his decade at “SNL.” But he began show business as a drummer, principally for the punk-rock band Trenchmouth in the 1990s.
He will handle vocals and guitar for “Late Night’s” 8G Band. Other players include Seth Jabour on guitar, Syd Butler on bass, Eli Janney on keyboards and Kimberly Thompson on drums.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- A Midcentury modern home for the history books
Most Read Stories
“Late Night with Seth Meyers” premieres Feb. 24. “Portlandia” returns for its fourth season three days later.