Seth Meyers says former comedy colleague Fred Armisen will lead the band when he takes over NBC's "Late Night."
Seth Meyers says former comedy colleague Fred Armisen will lead the band when he takes over NBC’s “Late Night.”
Meyers tweeted Monday that his former “Saturday Night Live” castmate will “curate and lead” the band and run it even while shooting his IFC comedy series “Portlandia.” NBC confirms the news.
Armisen is best known as a comic performer from “Portlandia” and his decade at “SNL.” But he began show business as a drummer, principally for the punk-rock band Trenchmouth in the 1990s.
He will handle vocals and guitar for “Late Night’s” 8G Band. Other players include Seth Jabour on guitar, Syd Butler on bass, Eli Janney on keyboards and Kimberly Thompson on drums.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more
Most Read Stories
“Late Night with Seth Meyers” premieres Feb. 24. “Portlandia” returns for its fourth season three days later.