"A Day of Music and Dance" at Seattle's Artspace Hiawatha Community Room on Sunday, Oct. 28, 2012, is a family event that will feature a blend of international music and movement.
Fit & Fun |
Here’s a chance to expand your horizons while finding your groove. On Sunday, “A Day of Music and Dance” will feature a blend of international music and movement.
Performing will be: The Miho and Diego Duo (Miho Takekawa on the marimba, Diego Coy playing flutes and South American percussion), and West African drummers Mohammed Shaibu and Yaw Amponsah.
Suzanne Simmons, owner of Seattle’s My World Dance and Fitness, will demonstrate and teach dance to the music.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
Most Read Stories
“It is a combination of listening and dancing,” Simmons said. “There will be an area for people to stand up and dance through the entire concert. There will be chairs for people to sit and listen — which will be hard to do because the groups’ music makes you want to move.”
The family event will be held from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Artspace Hiawatha Community Room, at 843 Hiawatha Place South in Seattle.
Door prizes will include CDs and T-shirts. The suggested donation is $10, but no one will be turned away for inability to pay, Simmons says. For more information: 206-861-2500 or www.myworld-df.com
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com.