"A Day of Music and Dance" at Seattle's Artspace Hiawatha Community Room on Sunday, Oct. 28, 2012, is a family event that will feature a blend of international music and movement.
Fit & Fun |
Here’s a chance to expand your horizons while finding your groove. On Sunday, “A Day of Music and Dance” will feature a blend of international music and movement.
Performing will be: The Miho and Diego Duo (Miho Takekawa on the marimba, Diego Coy playing flutes and South American percussion), and West African drummers Mohammed Shaibu and Yaw Amponsah.
Suzanne Simmons, owner of Seattle’s My World Dance and Fitness, will demonstrate and teach dance to the music.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
Most Read Stories
“It is a combination of listening and dancing,” Simmons said. “There will be an area for people to stand up and dance through the entire concert. There will be chairs for people to sit and listen — which will be hard to do because the groups’ music makes you want to move.”
The family event will be held from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Artspace Hiawatha Community Room, at 843 Hiawatha Place South in Seattle.
Door prizes will include CDs and T-shirts. The suggested donation is $10, but no one will be turned away for inability to pay, Simmons says. For more information: 206-861-2500 or www.myworld-df.com
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org.