The big-screen adaptation of E L James' "Fifty Shades of Grey" has cast its lead roles.
The big-screen adaptation of E L James’ “Fifty Shades of Grey” has cast its lead roles.
Charlie Hunnam will play the 27-year-old billionaire Christian Grey, and Dakota Johnson will play the college student he captivates, Anastasia Steele. Focus Features and Universal Pictures announced the castings Monday.
The 23-year-old Johnson is the daughter of actors Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith. She has had small roles in “The Social Network” and “21 Jump Street.”
The 33-year-old British actor Hunnam starred in this summer’s robot-monster battle “Pacific Rim.” He currently stars in the FX series “Sons of Anarchy.”
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit
Most Read Stories
Directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson, the film is to be released next August.