Fans of “Cavalia,” the dreamy fantasia starring horses and riders, aerialists and musicians that unfolded in an extended run at Marymoor Park early last year, are in for another hoof-and-human spectacle. “Odysseo,” created by Cirque du Soleil co-founder Normand LaTourelle, will set up its white tent at Marymoor starting Feb. 26, 2014.
“Odysseo” features 63 horses, 47 performing artists from around the world, and a 17,500-square-foot stage under a tent rising 125 feet. The show “shines a light on a more humane world where human and horse may live in harmony,” according to LaTourelle, and uses computer graphics to create a journey winding through the world’s wild, open spaces — Mongolian steppes, Monument Valley, African savanna, and the Sahara Desert — portraying changing seasons, music and landscapes and the relationship humans share with their equine companions.
Behind, and under, the fantasy land are some remarkable real-world numbers:
• Eleven breeds are represented among the horses, including Arabian, Lusitano and Holsteiner;
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
Most Read Stories
• The show adorns performers in 350 costumes and 100 pairs of shoes/boots;
• 10,000 tons of sand and dirt are trucked in to create mountains and dunes on stage;
• Horses live on tour in a climate-controlled tent with tack shop and blacksmith department;
• 80,000 gallons of water form a waterfall, and then a lake, in the final number.
Tickets are available now, at 866-999-8111 or www.cavalia.net. Standard tickets are $34.50-$149.50; packages that include dinner and a post-show stable visit are $154.50-$229.50. Show opens Feb. 26 at Marymoor Park, 6046 W. Lake Sammamish Parkway N.E., Redmond.
Melissa Davis: 206-464-2506; email@example.com; on Twitter @DuckMel