Fit & Fun
On Friday, EMP will host “Game Nite” to celebrate the opening of “The Art of Video Games” exhibit from the Smithsonian American Art Museum.
The event will feature tournament-style gaming on a massive screen inside EMP’s Sky Church section. And those who want to exercise more than their thumbs can hop on Kinect’s Dance Central game.
The exhibit, which explores the 40-year evolution of video games, focuses on innovation from influential artists, designers and other creative minds.
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- Russell Wilson hits homer with Texas Rangers
Most Read Stories
On opening night, guests can play video games spanning five eras, from the Atari 2600 to the Nintendo Entertainment System to the Microsoft Xbox 360. Leading innovators will speak.
Admission is $15 for the general public, $5 for youths between 5 and 12, and free to EMP members.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org