Seattle’s EMP Museum will bestow a special award on 10-time-Grammy-winning rock guitarist and band leader Carlos Santana Thursday.
Santana will receive the museum’s Founders Award, reserved for “performers who have made substantial contributions to the field of music.”
Santana performs at a gala Thursday beginning at 6:30 p.m. The event is an annual benefit for EMP youth programs.
Past recipients include Buddy Guy, Billy Cox, Steve Cropper, Robbie Robertson, and Ann and Nancy Wilson.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
More information: www.empmuseum.org or 206-770-2700.