Seattle’s EMP Museum will bestow a special award on 10-time-Grammy-winning rock guitarist and band leader Carlos Santana Thursday.
Santana will receive the museum’s Founders Award, reserved for “performers who have made substantial contributions to the field of music.”
Santana performs at a gala Thursday beginning at 6:30 p.m. The event is an annual benefit for EMP youth programs.
Past recipients include Buddy Guy, Billy Cox, Steve Cropper, Robbie Robertson, and Ann and Nancy Wilson.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- 'Hero' teacher tackles shooter at North Thurston High School
- Man arrested for carrying golf club sues city, Seattle cop
- Jernard Jarreau leaving Washington
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
Most Read Stories
More information: www.empmuseum.org or 206-770-2700.