Seattle’s EMP Museum will bestow a special award on 10-time-Grammy-winning rock guitarist and band leader Carlos Santana Thursday.
Santana will receive the museum’s Founders Award, reserved for “performers who have made substantial contributions to the field of music.”
Santana performs at a gala Thursday beginning at 6:30 p.m. The event is an annual benefit for EMP youth programs.
Past recipients include Buddy Guy, Billy Cox, Steve Cropper, Robbie Robertson, and Ann and Nancy Wilson.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
Most Read Stories
More information: www.empmuseum.org or 206-770-2700.