Seattle’s EMP Museum will bestow a special award on 10-time-Grammy-winning rock guitarist and band leader Carlos Santana Thursday.
Santana will receive the museum’s Founders Award, reserved for “performers who have made substantial contributions to the field of music.”
Santana performs at a gala Thursday beginning at 6:30 p.m. The event is an annual benefit for EMP youth programs.
Past recipients include Buddy Guy, Billy Cox, Steve Cropper, Robbie Robertson, and Ann and Nancy Wilson.
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying golf club
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
- Before getting the ax, Steve Sandmeyer show was scraping by
- Seattle’s Panama Hotel deemed a National Treasure
Most Read Stories
More information: www.empmuseum.org or 206-770-2700.