Seattle’s EMP Museum will bestow a special award on 10-time-Grammy-winning rock guitarist and band leader Carlos Santana Thursday.
Santana will receive the museum’s Founders Award, reserved for “performers who have made substantial contributions to the field of music.”
Santana performs at a gala Thursday beginning at 6:30 p.m. The event is an annual benefit for EMP youth programs.
Past recipients include Buddy Guy, Billy Cox, Steve Cropper, Robbie Robertson, and Ann and Nancy Wilson.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- McMorris Rodgers should ask hometown folks about Obamacare
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
- Seattle congestion: We're No. 5
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
Most Read Stories
More information: www.empmuseum.org or 206-770-2700.