The Emmy Awards will feature five special memorial tributes, including one to "Glee" star Cory Monteith, organizers said.
The Emmy Awards will feature five special memorial tributes, including one to “Glee” star Cory Monteith, organizers said.
Monteith died in July at age 31 of a heroin and alcohol overdose. He will be remembered by the show’s Jane Lynch.
In addition, Edie Falco will honor James Gandolfini, her co-star on “The Sopranos.” Gandolfini died of a heart attack in June at age 51.
Other tributes during the Sunday event will see Rob Reiner honoring “All in the Family Star” Jean Stapleton; Robin Williams remembering his friend and mentor Jonathan Winters; and Michael J. Fox honoring “Family Ties” producer Gary David Goldberg.
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Tukwila group to submit expansion application to NHL
Most Read Stories
The ceremony on CBS also will include the traditional “in memoriam” segment recognizing other industry members who have died.