The Emmy Awards will feature five special memorial tributes, including one to "Glee" star Cory Monteith, organizers said.
The Emmy Awards will feature five special memorial tributes, including one to “Glee” star Cory Monteith, organizers said.
Monteith died in July at age 31 of a heroin and alcohol overdose. He will be remembered by the show’s Jane Lynch.
In addition, Edie Falco will honor James Gandolfini, her co-star on “The Sopranos.” Gandolfini died of a heart attack in June at age 51.
Other tributes during the Sunday event will see Rob Reiner honoring “All in the Family Star” Jean Stapleton; Robin Williams remembering his friend and mentor Jonathan Winters; and Michael J. Fox honoring “Family Ties” producer Gary David Goldberg.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- McMorris Rodgers should ask hometown folks about Obamacare
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
- Seattle congestion: We're No. 5
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
Most Read Stories
The ceremony on CBS also will include the traditional “in memoriam” segment recognizing other industry members who have died.