The Emmy Awards will feature five special memorial tributes, including one to "Glee" star Cory Monteith, organizers said.
The Emmy Awards will feature five special memorial tributes, including one to “Glee” star Cory Monteith, organizers said.
Monteith died in July at age 31 of a heroin and alcohol overdose. He will be remembered by the show’s Jane Lynch.
In addition, Edie Falco will honor James Gandolfini, her co-star on “The Sopranos.” Gandolfini died of a heart attack in June at age 51.
Other tributes during the Sunday event will see Rob Reiner honoring “All in the Family Star” Jean Stapleton; Robin Williams remembering his friend and mentor Jonathan Winters; and Michael J. Fox honoring “Family Ties” producer Gary David Goldberg.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
The ceremony on CBS also will include the traditional “in memoriam” segment recognizing other industry members who have died.