Celebrity cook Paula Deen was a no-show Friday at the "Today" show, where she was scheduled to appear to answer questions about past use of racial slurs.
Celebrity cook Paula Deen was a no-show Friday at the “Today” show, where she was scheduled to appear to answer questions about past use of racial slurs.
“Today” host Matt Lauer told viewers he had spoken with Deen the day before to arrange what NBC had promoted as an exclusive, live appearance.
But shortly before the show went on the air Friday, Lauer said he was told by a Deen representative that she was pulling out.
Phone calls from The Associated Press to a representative for Deen weren’t immediately returned.
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Silence deafening as Russell Wilson deadline for extension nears
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
Most Read Stories
While questioned last month in a discrimination lawsuit, the 66-year-old Food Network star admitted to having used racial slurs in the past, but insisted she and her family do not tolerate prejudice.
The Food Network said Thursday it doesn’t tolerate any form of discrimination and is looking into the situation.