Celebrity cook Paula Deen was a no-show Friday at the "Today" show, where she was scheduled to appear to answer questions about past use of racial slurs.
Celebrity cook Paula Deen was a no-show Friday at the “Today” show, where she was scheduled to appear to answer questions about past use of racial slurs.
“Today” host Matt Lauer told viewers he had spoken with Deen the day before to arrange what NBC had promoted as an exclusive, live appearance.
But shortly before the show went on the air Friday, Lauer said he was told by a Deen representative that she was pulling out.
Phone calls from The Associated Press to a representative for Deen weren’t immediately returned.
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
- Kyle Seager saves Mariners, 7-6, in 10 innings
Most Read Stories
While questioned last month in a discrimination lawsuit, the 66-year-old Food Network star admitted to having used racial slurs in the past, but insisted she and her family do not tolerate prejudice.
The Food Network said Thursday it doesn’t tolerate any form of discrimination and is looking into the situation.