Seattle's annual Elvis Invitational takes place Friday, Jan. 8, what would have been the King's 75th birthday, with amateur entertainers vying for the title of best impersonator.
Who’s the greatest pretender? Find out tonight, on what would have been the King’s 75th birthday, at Seattle’s annual Elvis Invitational. Amateurs — men and women — will impersonate the King for the Seattle title.
World champion Elvis impersonator Robert Washington is scheduled to make an appearance at the event. Also on the bill: The Kentucky Rain Band and special guests The Kings. The program gets underway at 8 tonight, Club Motor, 1950 First Ave. S., Seattle; $12-$15 (www.brownpapertickets.com).
For a story about another Elvis-related event at Triple Door tonight, see p. E4 of today’s NWTicket.
Seattle Times staff
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite