Seattle's annual Elvis Invitational takes place Friday, Jan. 8, what would have been the King's 75th birthday, with amateur entertainers vying for the title of best impersonator.
Who’s the greatest pretender? Find out tonight, on what would have been the King’s 75th birthday, at Seattle’s annual Elvis Invitational. Amateurs — men and women — will impersonate the King for the Seattle title.
World champion Elvis impersonator Robert Washington is scheduled to make an appearance at the event. Also on the bill: The Kentucky Rain Band and special guests The Kings. The program gets underway at 8 tonight, Club Motor, 1950 First Ave. S., Seattle; $12-$15 (www.brownpapertickets.com).
For a story about another Elvis-related event at Triple Door tonight, see p. E4 of today’s NWTicket.
Seattle Times staff
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival