Robert Downey Jr. has signed up for two more "Avengers" films.
Robert Downey Jr. has signed up for two more “Avengers” films.
Marvel announced Thursday that the actor will reprise his role as Iron Man/Tony Stark for “The Avengers 2” and “The Avengers 3.” Downey Jr. has played the character in a trilogy of “Iron Man” movies, as well as the first superhero ensemble “Avengers” film, which made $2.7 billion worldwide.
Joss Whedon is to return as director of the next “Avengers” film. He is writing the screenplay now. Production is to begin in March, with a theatrical release in May 2015.
The 48-year-old actor had previously suggested “Iron Man 3” might be his last spin in a stand-alone “Iron Man” film. Marvel’s announcement made no mention of an “Iron Man 4” release.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...