The Discovery Network is canceling a daredevil's planned jump off the summit of Mount Everest in a wing suit next month following the avalanche that killed at least 13 people on Friday.
The Discovery Network is canceling a daredevil’s planned jump off the summit of Mount Everest in a wing suit next month following the avalanche that killed at least 13 people on Friday.
Network spokeswoman Laurie Goldberg said Sunday that the network’s thoughts and prayers go out to the Sherpa community of guides who were the victims of the avalanche.
Jumper Joby Ogwyn already was at Everest in advance of the jump, which was scheduled to be televised live on May 11 worldwide. He was not injured in the avalanche.
Discovery had hoped for big ratings with the stunt, and had scheduled several hours of coverage in anticipation.
- Seattle-area home prices set record; 2nd-fastest rising in nation
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Florida man runs over couple on motorcycle during road-rage incident
- The best deli in Seattle that you’ve probably never heard of
- South Florida officers find 2 alligators eating human body