LOS ANGELES (AP) — A former agent for the director of the next “Star Wars” film claims in a lawsuit filed Friday that he was cut out of negotiations regarding the blockbuster franchise.
Agent Brian Dreyfuss sued Rian Johnson in Los Angeles Superior Court, seeking 10 percent of the director’s “Star Wars” earnings.
Dreyfuss’ lawsuit states he helped arrange a meeting between Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy and Johnson in 2012 but that the director told him he wasn’t interested in pursuing the company’s projects. His suit states he was fired in March 2014, about a year before Johnson confirmed he would direct the eighth film in the “Star Wars” franchise.
Production on the film, which is due to be released in December 2017, began last month.
Most Read Stories
- Please go fishing, Washington state says after farmed Atlantic salmon escape broken net
- Seattle-based crab boat found on Bering Sea bottom; lost since February with crew of 6
- What caused Seattle-based crab boat to sink with 6 aboard? Coast Guard hoping to find out
- Police: Elderly Seattle brothers spent lifetime collecting sexual images of children, sexually abusing young girls
- Wealthy wife of Treasury secretary gets snarky on Instagram
Dreyfuss began working with Johnson around 2002 and helped him develop his first film, “Brick,” the lawsuit states. The agent also encouraged Johnson to direct several episodes of the hit television series “Breaking Bad” and the 2012 film “Looper,” which starred Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
A call to Johnson’s publicist was not immediately returned.
Dreyfuss’ lawsuit does not state how much he is seeking, but it states he is entitled to Johnson’s earnings from other projects, including “Looper.”