"Dancing with the Stars" co-host Brooke Burke says she has thyroid cancer.
“Dancing with the Stars” co-host Brooke Burke says she has thyroid cancer.
Burke posted a video message Thursday on YouTube disclosing her condition and her plans for surgery to remove her thyroid.
The 41-year-old mother of four says a lump on her thyroid was found during a biopsy.
She says in the video that the surgery has been scheduled, but she doesn’t specify when. She says it will leave “a nice big scar right here,” tracing a line across her throat.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip
Most Read Stories
Although initially shocked by the diagnosis, Burke says she now feels strong and confident and her doctors are optimistic. She vows to make “a positive out of this negative thing.”
Found in the front of the neck, the thyroid secretes several hormones that influence metabolism, growth and development.