Dan Savage's "The Commitment" gets the Bushwick Book Club book-into-songs treatment at Seattle's Volterra Drawing Room, with proceeds going to Music for Marriage Equality, Oct. 24, 2012.
The Bushwick Book Club, which makes it its mission to turn books into brand-new songs, takes on Dan Savage’s “The Commitment: Love, Sex, Marriage, and My Family.” The musical showcase will feature singer-songwriters Wes Weddell, Lisa Koch, Emmett Montgomery and many more. All proceeds benefit Music for Marriage Equality. 8 p.m. Wednesday, Volterra Drawing Room, 5407 Ballard Ave. N.W., Seattle; $10-$12 (www.strangertickets.com/events/6149705).
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
Most Read Stories
Seattle Times arts writer