Dan Savage's "The Commitment" gets the Bushwick Book Club book-into-songs treatment at Seattle's Volterra Drawing Room, with proceeds going to Music for Marriage Equality, Oct. 24, 2012.
The Bushwick Book Club, which makes it its mission to turn books into brand-new songs, takes on Dan Savage’s “The Commitment: Love, Sex, Marriage, and My Family.” The musical showcase will feature singer-songwriters Wes Weddell, Lisa Koch, Emmett Montgomery and many more. All proceeds benefit Music for Marriage Equality. 8 p.m. Wednesday, Volterra Drawing Room, 5407 Ballard Ave. N.W., Seattle; $10-$12 (www.strangertickets.com/events/6149705).
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents
Most Read Stories
Seattle Times arts writer