Dan Savage's "The Commitment" gets the Bushwick Book Club book-into-songs treatment at Seattle's Volterra Drawing Room, with proceeds going to Music for Marriage Equality, Oct. 24, 2012.
The Bushwick Book Club, which makes it its mission to turn books into brand-new songs, takes on Dan Savage’s “The Commitment: Love, Sex, Marriage, and My Family.” The musical showcase will feature singer-songwriters Wes Weddell, Lisa Koch, Emmett Montgomery and many more. All proceeds benefit Music for Marriage Equality. 8 p.m. Wednesday, Volterra Drawing Room, 5407 Ballard Ave. N.W., Seattle; $10-$12 (www.strangertickets.com/events/6149705).
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Costco said to get sweet deal from credit-card companies
- On tour of UW station, Inslee backs $15 billion tax plan for more light rail
- Mariners lose fourth straight game
Most Read Stories
Seattle Times arts writer