Dan Savage's "The Commitment" gets the Bushwick Book Club book-into-songs treatment at Seattle's Volterra Drawing Room, with proceeds going to Music for Marriage Equality, Oct. 24, 2012.
The Bushwick Book Club, which makes it its mission to turn books into brand-new songs, takes on Dan Savage’s “The Commitment: Love, Sex, Marriage, and My Family.” The musical showcase will feature singer-songwriters Wes Weddell, Lisa Koch, Emmett Montgomery and many more. All proceeds benefit Music for Marriage Equality. 8 p.m. Wednesday, Volterra Drawing Room, 5407 Ballard Ave. N.W., Seattle; $10-$12 (www.strangertickets.com/events/6149705).
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
Most Read Stories
Seattle Times arts writer