Dan Savage's "The Commitment" gets the Bushwick Book Club book-into-songs treatment at Seattle's Volterra Drawing Room, with proceeds going to Music for Marriage Equality, Oct. 24, 2012.
The Bushwick Book Club, which makes it its mission to turn books into brand-new songs, takes on Dan Savage’s “The Commitment: Love, Sex, Marriage, and My Family.” The musical showcase will feature singer-songwriters Wes Weddell, Lisa Koch, Emmett Montgomery and many more. All proceeds benefit Music for Marriage Equality. 8 p.m. Wednesday, Volterra Drawing Room, 5407 Ballard Ave. N.W., Seattle; $10-$12 (www.strangertickets.com/events/6149705).
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
- Walkoff magic! Leonys Martin’s dramatic homer in ninth lifts Mariners
Most Read Stories
Seattle Times arts writer